Sunday, July 24, 2011

Craft Time!

As I was doing my daily search through the Topshop website yesterday, I came across this gem! Despite the fact that it's more than 100 degrees here everyday right now, and will be shorts weather for another 2 or 3 months, I'm already mentally building my ideal autumn/winter wardrobe. I instantly thought I needed this sweatshirt, and then I saw the pricetag! $90!! FOR A SWEATSHIRT WITH LIGHT BEADING/SEQUINS! ARE THEY MENTAL?



Then I got to thinking, that would probably actually be a pretty easy project! I also think it'd be better on a different color pullover, but as of now they only have grey. I think tomorrow I'll go look for a suitable sweatshirt and my sequins and beads! Chances are I can find a good option at a thrift/charity shop, or even something new from Forever21 would still come out WAYYY cheaper than what Topshop wants! Of course, I'll take pictures as I work on it and post how it comes out! I'm not the most artsy person so FINGERS CROSSED! The detail of the hearts is below- if anyone else wants to give it a go, too!

2 comments:

kenzie said...

awr this is really cute such a shame its so expensive, i like the idea that you're going to try and do your own :) im looking forward to seeing the outcome!xx

thegirlhassparke said...

the prices for some things is just crazy! I think you will definitely be able to do a DIY.